To celebrate the publication of Hollie McNish’s touching and honest memoir of parenthood, Nobody Told Me, we’re giving you the chance win one of five very special copies, signed by Hollie herself.
We’re looking for answers to the question ‘what did Nobody Tell You about parenthood?’ that can fit in a tweet (140 characters). They can be as short, snappy, weird, fun or serious as you like. Just make sure you get the phrase #nobodytoldme in there somewhere, and then share on Twitter.
We’ll close the competition at the end of February and announce the winner in March.
We can’t wait to read your entries, and please do read the T&Cs carefully before you get in touch. Good luck and happy typing!
Terms & Conditions:
1 This is a competition for five people each to win one signed copy of Nobody Told Me by Hollie McNish. To enter, please tweet (@holliepoetry) with a short answer which includes the hashtag #nobodytoldme.
2. The winner will be selected from the correct entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions. The winner shall be selected by Hollie McNish, in conjunction with a member of the Little, Brown marketing team, and their decision will be final.
3. The winner may see their entry posted on the Blackfriars or Little, Brown Book Group (hereinafter the ’Company’) website and on other websites and social media accounts.
4. There is no purchase necessary to enter.
5. The competition opens at 12:01 am GMT on Monday 8 February 2016 and closes at 11:59 pm GMT on Monday 29 February 2016. Any entries received outside these specified times and dates will not be eligible for entry into the competition.
6. The competition is open to anyone in the UK except employees of the Company, their families, or anyone professionally connected to the competition either themselves or through their families. If the winner is under 18 years of age, the winner will be asked to have his or her guardian complete waivers, consent forms and/or other documentation as prerequisite for being awarded the prize.
7. Only one entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
a) By submitting your entry, you agree and warrant that (i) your entry is your own original work; (ii) nothing in your entry is defamatory, private or an infringement of copyright or other intellectual property right or in any way a breach of another’s right; (iii) any music used in your entry is original to you or you have written permission from the owner. We reserve the right to ask for the permission before any prize is distributed. Any entry in breach of this clause will be disqualified from participating in the competition and from winning any prize.
b) By entering the competition, you hereby grant to the Company an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty free, worldwide and for all languages, licence to copy, adapt, edit, distribute, publish, sublicense, and in any and all other ways use your entry for any purpose, in any manner and in all media now known or hereinafter devised. Furthermore, you waive all moral rights whatsoever in your entry. For the avoidance of doubt, the Company is under no obligation to make any use of your entry and the Company shall make no payment to you for any use of your entry.
c) We reserve the right to use all the submissions received on our website, our Facebook pages and on our other social networking sites. We will try to include the name of the entrant but this may not always be possible.
8. The Company is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
9. The Company reserves the right to alter the prizes or cancel the competition without notice. No cash alternatives to prizes will be provided.
10. The winners’ names will be published on Hollie McNish’s social media channels in March 2016.
11. The Company will make available the name and county of the winner to anyone who requests this information by writing to the following address : Marketing Department, Little, Brown Book Group, Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0DZ.
12. The email addresses of entrants may be shared with companies within the Hachette group of companies but will not be shared with other companies outside the Hachette group. It will be used by the Hachette companies to send you news about books, products and promotions. You will be given the option of opting out in those emails if you don’t want to receive any further news.
13. By entering the competition you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
14. This competition is being organised by Little, Brown Book Group, Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0DZ.
15. These terms and conditions and any disputes or claims (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of these terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.